Quote Of The Day
“The sight of the lead athletes warming up in their vividly colored uniforms among the black-clad pacers, and the green laser beams spilling across the tarmac, was strange and eerie – like a silent, illicit rave on a deserted freeway. As the seconds counted down to the start of the race, [Zersenay] Tadese bounced on his toes like a boxer and [Lelisa] Desisa worried at his arm sleeves. [Eliud] Kipchoge, at 5’6″ and 125 pounds, was strikingly composed. His eyes looked straight ahead. With 15 seconds to go, he dipped his torso and braced his body to run. At 5:45 am, the starter’s air horn bleated and the three athletes shot off, behind the car and a group of six pacemakers, into the darkness.”
– Excerpt from Ed Caesar‘s piece in Wired which tells the inside story of Nike’s Breaking2 project and Eliud Kipchoge‘s 2:00:25 marathon.
- Is Ben MF True the stockiest elite distance runner of all time?
- Craig Engels to NOP... BTC, OTC go home DEVASTATED
- TrackTown Summer Series Meet #2 Official Thread: Andrews v Engels v Gregorek v Blankenhip in 1500. Who you got?
- Sydney McLaughlin no 400 meter hurdles next year?
- What's the worst thing someone has yelled/thrown at you while running?
- Does running on cement increase risk of injury
- The real key to Kipchoges success lies in his quads. Pic provided.