Quote Of The Day
“A man is only as good as his word, that’s what my father told me. So if I made a promise to Coach Holloway, I was going to try my best to keep it.”
– 19-year-old phenom Grant Holloway, who won the 110m hurdles, split 43.88 on 4 x 400 relay, and got 2nd in the long jump at NCAA outdoors to lead the Gators to the team title, talking about how he promised his distant cousin, Florida coach Mike Holloway, he wouldn’t let him down again after not scoring in the long jump at NCAA indoors.
Coach Holloway said he’s never seen an athlete with such a range of talent as Grant. “I’ve had some talented kids come through the program. Obviously you have [2016 Olympic champions] Christian Taylor, Kerron Clement. At the end of the day, I think that he’s a special talent.”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Powells leave Oregon, take over at University of Washington
- The Boston Marathon champ raced the New York City Marathon champ today. And the winner is.....
- Coleman wins 100 and 200 NCAA
- Justyn Knight goes home DEVASTATED!!
- Larry Rawson at ESPN since 1980 - 5th longest tenured TV commentator
- Desi Linden takes shot as Salazar on twitter
- where is the "poor" person's flagstaff/boulder/mammouth
- Phenom Alert- 19 Year Old Grant Holloway Wins 110 Hurdles, Splits 43.88 on Relay, and Gets 2nd in Long Jump
- 2020 Olympics add 4x400 Mixed Relay... Another Easy Gold for the U.S.?