Quote Of The Day
“The NOP calcitonin experiment came to an ignominious end in late 2012 when, after receiving an NOP email encouraging him to use calcitonin, NOP athlete Dorian UIrey apparently brought to the attention of the NOP coaches the salient fact that research had established an increased cancer risk associated with using the drug. This brought a quick retraction email from NOP Assistant Coach Pete Julian, withdrawing the advice to use calcitonin … Pete Julian’s retraction email prompted immediate reaction from Dathan Ritzenhein, who seven minutes later plaintively inquired, ‘Is this some kind of joke? I have been taking this for the last four years!’ Unfortunately for Dathan it was not a joke. And, unfortunately for Galen Rupp he apparently did not even get the message … as Rupp’s medical records indicate he filled a prescription from Dr. Brown for calcitonin … well after the emailed warning from Pete Julian.”
– Excerpt from the leaked 269-page USADA report on Alberto Salazar, Dr. Jeffrey Brown and the Nike Oregon Project, talking about how NOP athletes were advised to take calcitonin, a potentially cancer-causing drug.
- Watch Nick Symmonds 600m time trial live for free today (May 26) at 1:05 pm ET
- Breaking: Matthew Centrowitz has been scratched from the 2017 Bowerman Mile
- Detailed Drafting Analysis of Kipchoge's 2:00:25- He Gained Between 1 to 4.5 Minutes from Drafting
- Update: Big 10 1500 champ placed in next round of 1500 without even running a race!! Do two wrongs make a right?
- I never understood runners who ALWAYS mid-run laces come untied!
- Kamworor talks smack to Farah: "If the conditions allow, in the shape that I am in, I will win the race."
- Problems with new Girlfriend..
- Which sport/activity is the LEAST dependent on talent, and MOST dependent on how HARD or how MUCH you work at it?
- Fred Kerley 43.70!!!