Quote Of The Day
“I obviously believe in the true spirit of capitalism. And I also believe that people don’t do what they’re told to do, they do what they’re paid to do …
Our goal is to have this be a venue where the athletes can make money on a consistent basis, make a very good living. Obviously we think some of them could get wealthy at it if we run this thing properly. And that’s going to be the calling card that’s going to fundamentally interest the athletes to compete. And the track & field athletes are some of the greatest athletes on the planet. And if I were them, I’d look at what basketball and NFL players are making and I’d have to say, ‘Why did I pick the wrong sport?’ So we want to lessen that disadvantage over time.”
– NASDAQ Chairman Bob Greifeld, one of the investors in the TrackTown Summer Series, talking about some of his goals for the Series.
- He's unsponsored no longer: Shadrack Biwott joins Hansons-Brooks Original Distance Project
- Cas Loxsom has been dismissed from the Brooks Beasts team
- London Marathon cheats
- This is why you won't be a competitive masters guy if you run heavy miles all your life
- Who on here married someone that was mainly just to get married because they felt obligated as they had gotten older
- Teacher looking to change careers
- World Pole Vault Champ Shawn Barber Announces He is Gay
- Have you ever tried to make the Olympic Marathon Trials?