Relays Aren't Rocket Science
“It’s been an individualized program for a long time and now it’s a team approach. When you put the colors on as a relay member you’re supposed to put the team first. That’s why we never dropped the stick (when he was competing) because the system back then was to hire a college coach who works with kids all the time. If you have a good system it doesn’t take a lot of practice; you just have to teach people what to do correctly and expect them to get better. It’s not rocket science. … The key is simplicity … It’s great to have a coach now who understands a successful system, so that’s exciting for me to see.”
– Carl Lewis expressing his hope that Team USA can finally get the baton around the track smoothly in the men’s 4×100 now that long-time head relay coach Dennis Mitchell has been replaced by former college coach Orin Richburg.
- Breaking: Olympic 100h Champ Brianna Rollins gets 12-month ban for 3 whereabouts violations
- What happened to me at the Boston Marathon?
- 2008 Olympic HJ silver medallist Germaine Mason of GB/Jamaica is killed in motorcycle accident
- What ugly celeb are you strangely attracted to?
- I'm 36, but I identify as 41 (and I'm killing it as a master)
- People who sleep with clothes on. Why? Survey, please.