Quote Of The Day
“I was pretty upset when I heard about it. It’s very sensitive because I know people that I care about involved in the development of those shoes, the research of the shoe. So it’s a very complicated and sensitive issue for me. I just think if technology determined our Olympic team, then that’s a problem. So we’re just going to have to see what other people think. But that definitely opened up some old wounds. … At the end of the day, if technology is affecting races and what times people are running, if that is found to be an unfair advantage, then that’s an issue.”
– Kara Goucher voicing her concerns over Nike’s new shoes designed as part of their sub-2 hour marathon project which Shalane Flanagan, Amy Cragg and Galen Rupp wore an early version of at the 2016 Olympic Marathon Trials.
*Ed Caesar In Wired: “Nike’s Controversial New Shoes Made Me Run Faster”
- How well do you know men's T&F World Records?
- What's more detrimental to your running? Unsupportive spouse or high stress job?
- Why Are Guys Still Wearing Baggy Singlets?
- US Super Chess Grandmaster Hikaru Nakamura (current #6, former #2 in world) wins age group in 5K run (Sunrise FL)
- Hamza Driouch listed to run Australian 1500m Championships this coming weekend
- Collegiate XC/TF Runners - What's your teams attrition rate?
- 9:14 as a junior -- will that get scholarship offers?
- Noah MF Droddy