Another USA's & Another Controversy
“In 12 years I have jumped in 21 US Nationals and have recorded 17 Championship Wins, 2 Seconds and 1 Third. In 2 days, there is another US National Championship. My training has peaked and I am physically and technically ready to go, jumping as well as I ever have.
Sadly, I have chosen to stay home and not deal with the frustrations that are getting increasingly worse at US Nationals. There are times when you “deal with it” which I have, but then there are times when you have dealt so much with it, it’s easier not to “deal”. I have voiced my concern to no avail so instead of being frustrated and discouraged, I have chosen not to fight for another Title. I would be glad to share my experiences in 21 championships with a USATF rep to try to improve the event in the future for the athletes and fans.
Championship meets need to be administered in a way that gives the spectators the best competition while providing ALL competitors a fair and equal playing field producing the best results. Our sport needs this. Good luck to all the athletes this weekend and I will try again to make my voice heard for future change for future athletes.”
– 2012 Olympic pole vault champion and world record holder Jenn Suhr announcing her withdrawal from this weekend’s US Indoor Championships.
- Noah Lyles Sets World Indoor Best in 300m 31.87
- New NOP report- Rupp/Centro Suspicious Blood test. + Nike interfering with USADA
- Is this the greatest feat in high school track and field history? (Video)
- Which single statistic best captures the complete dominance of male East African distance runners?
- to the dads out there how do you balance life and running?
- I'm always the one who initiated group runs, does this mean anything?
- DRUG CHEAT Hamza Driouch training with Melbourne Track Club?
- Woman runs 15:52 5k (#10 in NCAA): NCAA screws her over and won't let her run because her coach followed the rules!