We Blame The TV Networks
“The 2020 Summer Olympics will take place in the midst of Tokyo’s hot and humid summer period, possibly exposing athletes and visitors to the most challenging environmental conditions ever observed in the modern history of the Olympic Games. By illustrating observational data, this SPORTIFY CITIES report unambiguously demonstrates that, with maximum perceived or feels like temperatures regularly exceeding 45°C, the sheer scale and scope of the heat factor could greatly weaken an athlete’s performance and increase the risk of heat stroke.”
– Excerpt from a Sportify Cities report on Tokyo 2020. Heat wasn’t a factor at the 1964 Olympics as they were held in October, not July.
- So Sick: Casey Clinger just ran 8:54 at 4,500 feet of altitude!! Crushed field and won by 25+ seconds.
- Tyrese Cooper runs 20.44 but is DQed for taunting. WTF?
- Amazing video - Cyrus Hostetler imitated Michelle Jenneke's jiggle at Nitro Athletics last week
- Ridiculous: It's almost March and Nike still hasn't released sub-2 details - still continues to milk RW for free pub
- Attn posters!! THE OFFICIAL THREAD: Go down to your local track and run a 400M post your time.