Quote Of The Day
“Though the marathon is only a little over 100 years old, many in the running world are holders of a flame that burns pure and bright along deeply rutted paths of tradition. ¬†But look, cars race around tracks, on trails, up mountains, over deserts, and on other circuits, too. They do so against one another, and against the clock, and even on the Bonneville Salt Flats in all out speed attempts. If looked upon in that light, all the current sub2 marathon projects are just land speed record attempts over 42,195 meters. They don‚Äôt even use the name marathon in their promotions … The NBA has its Slam Dunk competition, MLB has a Home Run Derby. ¬†Why shouldn‚Äôt running have something off-the-books and sexy, too (besides a Beer Mile)?”
–¬†Toni Reavis¬†talking about the recent rise of sub-2 hour marathon projects and analyzing their impact on the sport.
- Mo Farah's twin brother..
- If someone gave you a year to train, how fast would you be?
- Going to focus only on losing weight for the next few weeks, what's the best way to go about doing it?
- 4:00 mile/29:06 10000m double with 45 minutes between them
- Lanni Marchant: "man, if only I were that powerful to remove men from power" #TheFutureisFemale
- PSA: Stay off trampolines
- Training Run on Looped Course gets Testy