Quote Of The Day
“Had you told me this time a year ago that someone would run 8:52, I wouldn’t have believed you … The bar has been raised and I think it’s great because I think as athletes you always face these mental barriers of what you think is possible. Going back to how Jenny [Simpson] was a big influence on me, she never had those barriers. She broke 4:00 in college [for the 1500] and women don’t do that, that’s not something that people expect. So I think it’s always good when someone can break barriers. … I hope that I can break past any barriers I have, telling myself that 9:10 is no longer fast and that 9:05 is now fast. You have to always make a shift in your mind of what the next standard of excellence will be for yourself and I think Ruth did a great job of doing that for the women’s steeplechase and hopefully we can all close that gap a little bit.”
– Emma Coburn talking about how Ruth Jebet‘s barrier breaking 8:52 steeplechase world record this past summer has influenced her own outlook on times and goals.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Kipchoge pre-London workout: UNREAL
- Q&A w Emma Coburn: Coburn talks about her decision to leave Wetmore/Burroughs, her goals for 2017 more
- Mother Winter 1, Me 0
- Nate Brannen loses sponsorship???
- What's the most pretentious word?
- Where is Ben True off to?
- Can I save my marriage?
- HS kid running 7-10 miles each run (no doubles) in base phase. Is that OK?
- How fast could Batman run an 800 all out?
- Morgan Uceny Retires