Quote Of The Day
“You can’t have a mantra like the IOC does of ‘zero tolerance for doping’ which means ‘zero tolerance for doping – unless it’s Russia, because Russia is a big and important country.’ There was an opportunity to send the message by saying ‘no matter who you are, how important is your country, if you cheat, there will be consequences.’ The IOC is nothing if it has no ethical principles, it is always hoped to be the ethical leader of sport, here was a chance to demonstrate that. … You and I both know that if the country involved had been Guatemala, the answer would have been quite different. It’s the fact this is Russia that seems to create a problem for the IOC.”
– Dick Pound criticizing the IOC for not banning Russia from the 2016 Rio Olympics and accusing them of showing favoritism that they wouldn’t to a smaller, less influential country.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2017 IAAF World XC Live Discussion Thread
- JJK DNF, drops out - Vin Lanana new USATF president!
- World record treadmill 50 mile
- Why do secret service agents talk into their sleeves?
- Best Uniforms in NCAA Track
- If you back into parking spaces, you are a goof
- "I don't think there'll be space in the overhead bin for your bag..."
- Anyone else get annoyed when your "friends" get into pyramid schemes?
- What F-M coach Bill Aris knows that no one else knows...