Quote Of The Day
‚ÄúHe came in at the end of August (in 2013) pretty out of shape and probably 10 to 12 pounds heavier than what he is now.¬†Each week he got a little bit better, and you started seeing little things in practice. … I didn‚Äôt have him go out with the leaders because [Kennedy] Kithuka was kind of unstoppable at that time. No one was even close to him. Kennedy built a sizable lead on him, but [Cheserek] looked at me after moving from third to second, and I said, ‚ÄėIf you get a chance, go catch him, and if you go by him, make it count.‚Äô He caught him and then he kept going.‚ÄĚ
– Oregon coach Andy Powell looking back at Edward Cheserek‘s first NCAA title at the 2013 NCAA Cross Country Championships, where the then freshman got a shock victory over¬†Kennedy Kithuka. Three years and¬†14 more NCAA titles later, Cheserek will look to make it a perfect four for four on Saturday in Terre Haute.
- DEVON ALLEN GOES PRO
- Okay for a girl to propose?
- Anyone else have impostor syndrome at work?
- "Mr. Marathon" Tracy Sundlun fired by Competitor Group Inc.
- I was at Disney World last week. The number of grown men who wear NFL jerseys is staggering
- Galen Rupp is the greatest American distance runner of all time
- Deer Takes Out Runner in D3 Regional