How Hard Could It Be?
“I thought the 5,000m would be an easy event because people seemed to be running so slowly round and round the track. I thought, ‘I can do this.’ so I entered the house race at school. I only lasted about four laps of the race before pulling out and decided the event wasn’t for me.”
– The Netherlands’ two-time World silver medalist long jumper Ignisious Gaisah talking about how his first track event was actually a distance race. It took him all of about 5 minutes to transition to the jumps.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2017 Birmingham DL Disucssion Thread - Simpson, Coburn, Frerichs & more
- APNewsBreak: Texas Track Coach Mario Sategna Under Conduct Probe
- Agree or disagree? Jessica Ennis-Hill's coach thinks she's "the greatest British athlete of all time"
- If you were chosen to erect 4 statues of T&F greats in Hayward field, who would you select?
- Great news: Jamie Nieto now walking with a walker
- Even Title IX haters will support this: Pole dancing applies to IOC to be recognized as an offical sport (pics)
- Anyone else get laid off recently?