Respect The Distance
“I was thinking more like a track race. I kept asking my agent that if, with a mile to go, many guys would be in it and how fast would I have to close and he kept telling me that by mile 20, it would all be decided. I learned that the marathon is so much different than even a half marathon in the sense that the pace doesn’t have to be hard enough, but just the distance itself wears some competitors out. I mean the conditions were very tough, but even a simple surge like the one Tyler [Pennel] put in [at mile 16] can just blow everybody up.”
– Diego Estrada speaking ahead of his second marathon attempt at this Sunday’s Chicago Marathon about his changed mindset since he DNFed in his debut at the Olympic Trials in February.
- Luke Puskedra's daughter is cancer-free and he's trained like an animal for Chicago
- What was the main thing you did differently that improved your marathon PR?
- Walmsley Crushes Grand Canyon R2R2R FKT
- Very active sex life. Don't want kids for awhile though. Should I get a vasectomy?
- How good was the fastest person you ever went on a date with?
- Ethios: "Well, yeah, with drugs you can run like a car."
- Ben Smith: The Real Marathon Man UK
- Portland Marathon: what a mess!