Quote Of The Day
“That night we went and had a few beers. Pre said, ‘You’re not going to have only one?’ So we had two. Then he said, ‘We aren’t going to stop at two. We’re going to have three.’ I think on the third beer I said, ‘Okay, let’s get one thing right. I’ll keep drinking with you, but we’re going out for an hour and a half run tomorrow morning at eight o’clock. You can drink whatever you like, but if you don’t turn up for the run, you’re a wussy.’ Sure enough at eight o’clock in the morning he’s down there, I’m down there and John Walker’s down there. We went outside to run and it had to be ninety degrees. We went out there and basically raced. We ran for an hour and a half and not a meter separated us. … We came back and at that moment I think it was the moment that we just connected. We became mates. We became friends that day.”
– New Zealand Olympic legend Rod Dixon talking about drinking and running with Steve Prefontaine after narrowly beating him in a 3,000m race in Italy where they both set national records.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- Syracuse and Stanford go home DEVASTATED!
- Are the Patriots cheating again?
- New Running store name
- Race cancelled over security concerns. Really?
- greatest ever at 800m?
- What to do with phone during half-marathon?
- Ever had weird radio coincidences? I just did.
- The sicker I get, the more I realIze that most doctors are charlatans
- Steve Cram - TUE - nothing to see here!
- Compression socks - do they work?