Quote Of The Day
“Post-race press conferences tend to be pro forma. Often as not the press will ask the athletes how it feels, what it means, whether they are happy or sad. At this Olympics another, tougher, question came up over and over again: why should we believe you’re clean? Versions of it were put to Almaz Ayana after she had broken the world record in the 10,000m, Wayde van Niekerk after he had broken the world record in the 400m, Mo Farah after both the 5,000m and 10,000m finals, and many others. In Rio, the most spectacular victories inspired the most scepticism, the wins which would once have been the most celebrated provoked the gravest misgivings. The sorry state the sport is in means that though athletes are not guilty, they are also not free from suspicion.”
-excerpt from a piece in The Guardian by Andy Bull entitled, “Doping sends poison seeping out of bodies and coursing through sport.”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Alan Webb move over. A high schooler just ran 3:52 at Pre!!! Jakob Ingebrigtsen 3:52.28!!!
- Molly Huddle on Shannon Rowbury breaking her 5000 AR, "(Sub-14:40) that's where the record belongs."
- Jordan Hasay announces debut at HM on Tuesday and switches to 5k on Wednesday
- Devon Allen leaves ORE/NE game with a knee injury
- Guy ran Great North Run half marathon course every day for 100 straight days with a 92 lb refrigerator on his back!!
- MO HS Sr & 9:03 3200 runner Austin Hindman wins the World Junior Triathlon Title
- Most animals capable of running continue to do so almost their entire lives. Why not us?