Quote Of The Day
“You don’t want it so much for yourself but the people who’ve supported you. When you fall short of being able to hand them a medal, it hurts a little bit for yourself but you feel like you’ve let people down.”
– Former Australian paralympic pentathlete Don Elgin talking about the “burden” he put on his wife and four children by spending time away traveling and training and wanting to be able to reward that with medals. In a good article, Elign also talks about his longtime friendship with Oscar Pistorius and how he doesn’t live a “politically correct life” and thinks “society is getting a bit soft.”
- Could an elite steepler run a sub-4:00 mile over the barriers and water pit?
- Alan Webb on 5th Ave broadcast
- How will he hurdle this? Edwin Moses' wife files for divorce - cites adultery, cruel treatment
- has anyone here done prison time?
- Questioned by the cops
- So, which Olympians DIDN'T stay in the athlete's village? (Other than NOP.)
- $43,000 goes to each 1st round LOSER (round of 128) at the U.S. Open tennis tournament