Quote Of The Day
“It was surreal to watch, to finally see an American dude do that after such a long time. Nothing but pride and joy to see him accomplish that. … I think we’re finally getting to that point. Somewhere along the way we hit this critical tipping point where it really clicked. Now, every time an American steps to the line at an international competition they aren’t just saying they believe it. It’s inside they know it. It’s part of our culture now. If you’re going to a World Championships or an Olympics now, you’re competing for a medal.”
– Alan Webb talking about Matt Centrowitz‘s historic Olympic 1,500m gold medal and the rise of US distance running. Webb also said he thinks Centro is definitely capable of breaking his American mile record and wouldn’t mind losing it.
- Lausanne 1000m Thursday ... Kiprop, Centro, Kiplagat, Souleiman
- Will Bolt unretire to run Tokyo 2020?
- What ELSE does Centrowitz need to do to be considered the best American Miler ever?
- It looks more and more like Lochte was probably robbed by the police (?)
- Wesley Korir blames DNF on fluid mixup
- Social Justice Warriors attack Joanna Józwik and Lynsey Sharp
- A guy asked me out and asked if I wanted to get coffee or lunch or go on a run. Thoughts on this?
- Final Scores: Check Your Running Warehouse Rio Prediction Contest Scores