Quote Of The Day
“The debate around hyperandrogenism is as poignant as it is thorny. In simplistic summary it asks us to decide whose rights need to be protected most. Is it the small minority of women whose exceedingly high testosterone levels, which their bodies produce naturally, categorise them as intersex athletes? … Or should the overwhelming majority of female athletes be protected – so they are not disadvantaged unfairly against faster and stronger intersex competitors?”
– Excerpt from an excellent 4,000+ word piece in The Guardian’s by Donald McRae on Caster Semenya entitled, “The return of Caster Semenya: Olympic favourite and ticking timebomb.” You get a feel for both Semenya the person – who has been unhappy and injured in recent years – and the scientific argument for her exclusion thanks to Ross Tucker.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Rowbury relocates too
- Did Alexa Efraimson get away with a blatant DQ in final of US Olympic Trials?
- IBM designs an app that lets a blind guy run a marathon through the desert - alone
- Easy run pace as compared to PRs?
- Please Help Support Russian Whistleblowers Vitaly Stepanov And Yulia Stepanova
- Hillary fans: Respond to fact that Barack Obama's Muslim-American brother says he's voting for Donald Trump
- Trump fans: Respond to fact Khizr Kahn, muslim father who lost his son in Iraq, ripped Trump at DNC