Quote Of The Day
“I accept I will never win an Olympic medal. I just don’t think that a global medal is the only goal worth pursuing. Since when has being an Olympian not been an inspiring and lofty enough ambition? To leave a space empty on an Olympic team when several athletes have the qualifying standard is an insult to the effort that athletes put in to the sport. For me to be told that the space will be left empty despite being third in the trial, despite having six qualifying times in the qualifying period, despite having made significant steps forward in sports psychology in the past two years, makes me feel I am mediocre. I am an also-ran.”
– GB 2:00 800 runner Alison Leonard lamenting the fact that UK Athletics decided not to take a third 800 runner despite the fact that she finished 3rd at their trials and ran the qualifying standard multiple times. Leonard shouldn’t feel bad, though. It’s likely that everyone in the women’s 800 in Rio without internal testes will be an “also-ran.”
- Andrew Wheating was a 3:30 1500 runner when he visited these forums - Now he's stuck at 3:38. Please come back!!
- 2 British MEN will compete as WOMEN in RIO
- Johnny Dutch so DEVASTATED he retires from Track & Field
- I'm 37 years old and feel that I just need two easy days between workouts.
- How many high school boys have gone sub-9 and sub-1:50?
- Pokemon Go! I'm obsessed
- Glute "activation": What does it mean? Is this a myth?
- Has Centro SURPASSED Webb???????
- Monaco 1500m Men
- Check Your Running Warehouse Prediction Contest Scores