Quote Of The Day
“I try to just laugh it (John Capriotti’s behavior) off. But at some point, is it still a laughing matter? Is this the conduct of an executive of one of the most powerful brands in the world?”
– Mark Bossardet, sports marketing chief at Saucony, talking in a nearly 2,500-word Oregonian article on John Capriotti, Nike’s Global Director of Athletics. The article starts with the following sentence: “He is track and field’s biggest dealmaker and ultimate sugar daddy.” The article leaves no stone untouched as it looks as Capriotti’s ties to the Jama Aden and Alberto Salazar doping allegations, bribery allegations at Athletics Kenya, the alleged death threat of Danny Mackey, and the assault of Chris Whetstine and the mysterious decision by police not to charge Capriotti’s right-hand man Llewellyn Starks in the case. A leading prosecutor in the case said, “There’s a long and distinguished list of people who were surprised that charges were not filed.”
- LEVINS BOMBS - Runs 14:16 at Canadian Trials
- Ryan Hall is Back on the Track, Ran a 5k Today and Will Do Another on Sunday
- Taoufik Makhloufi runs 1:43.92 at small meet in France
- What about the sport? USATF does it again - They will run three 1500 heats that will eliminate at most 2 people
- is 70mpw in singles better than doubles?
- So funny: Brooks finally produces an Olympian - And he doesn't wear Brooks
- Does Time Exist?
- Oregonian Examination of John Capriotti: Capriotti: "Nike's hot-tempered track chief makes waves"
- Men's 5000 Meter Predictions & Discussion
- The USOC is demanding oiselle removes Trials pictures
- Check Your Running Warehouse Prediction Contest Scores
- Bob Larsen (Meb's coach) Movie Screening in Eugene July 9th ay 7:30 pm in Eugene