Quote Of The Day
“I try to just laugh it (John Capriotti’s behavior) off. But at some point, is it still a laughing matter? Is this the conduct of an executive of one of the most powerful brands in the world?”
– Mark Bossardet, sports marketing chief at Saucony, talking in a nearly 2,500-word Oregonian article on John Capriotti, Nike’s Global Director of Athletics. The article starts with the following sentence: “He is track and field’s biggest dealmaker and ultimate sugar daddy.” The article leaves no stone untouched as it looks as Capriotti’s ties to the Jama Aden and Alberto Salazar doping allegations, bribery allegations at Athletics Kenya, the alleged death threat of Danny Mackey, and the assault of Chris Whetstine and the mysterious decision by police not to charge Capriotti’s right-hand man Llewellyn Starks in the case. A leading prosecutor in the case said, “There’s a long and distinguished list of people who were surprised that charges were not filed.”
- Bob Larsen (Meb's coach) Movie Screening in Eugene July 9th ay 7:30 pm in Eugene
- What about the sport? USATF does it again - They will run three 1500 heats that will eliminate at most 2 people
- LetsRun.com Poker Classic Wednesday at 7pm in Eugene
- Check Your Running Warehouse Prediction Contest Scores
- Alysia Montano - the bottom line!
- Is it time to change the Olympic Trials Qualifying procedures?
- Charles Jock rode his bike to the meet, made the team, then biked home.
- Who is the most famous poster on Letsrun?
- any chance kate grace would volunteer to re-run the 800?
- Who else relaxes as well as Clayton Murphy in the final 150 of a race?
- Emma Coburn body issue pics