Quote Of The Day
“[The Mammoth Track Club program] included a lot more science than I was used to. Things like VO2 max and threshold testing … Things like the altitude tents and sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber and a hyperoxic treadmill system where you’re at altitude but you’re wearing a face mask to give you extra oxygen.”
“… It was just a lot of science. I fancied myself a blue-collar type. I come from a solid working-class family. I always wanted to be Rocky rather [than] the Russians. So even though I was immediately successful there, I was just sad. After two and a half years, my contract ran out and I stopped running and I figured, ‘Well, I guess I don’t like professional running, I only like collegiate-style. Maybe I only have the guts and heart side of it and the technical side single-minded focus that’s required to get to the very top of the world, maybe I don’t have that in me.'”
– 2012 Olympic Trials 4th placer Julia Lucas reflecting on her “Road to the Trials” in part 1 of our “Oral History of the 2012 Olympic Trials Women’s 5,000” series.
- SORRY NIKE....BRAZIER TO NEW BALANCE!!!!
- Steve Cram wants to ban whole Aden group?
- Ritz 3rd in baa10k in 28:12 ... should he have done the Trials?
- Alexa Efraimson run 2:07.4 to finish 1500
- Olympic Trials Cost $10 Million to put on?
- No one had a worse weekend.
- Dog tried to attack me on run this morning, should I have reacted differently/done something next time?
- Let's hear your LEGAL supplements!
- Dibaba's toe injury? Something is amiss.
- K. Bekele, Ayana to run 10000's in Hengelo June 29th
- Kate Murphy using Gofundme to raise $7,500 to get her coaches to Eugene