Quote Of The Day
“I finished the race and didn’t feel too tired. When you finish a race, you’re tired, you’re knackered. I feel alright so that’s a positive thing. … I didn’t know who he (William Sitonik) was. It was just very surprising to me. In Daegu (the 2011 World Championships) I remember (Ibrahim) Jelian, I had never heard of him or anything and then come to the World Championships in the 10K he ran past me. You can’t take it for granted, you gotta know who’s who. … To be honest, I am kind of disappointed. I was hoping to run a lot faster than that. I am in great shape. … It’s good to win the race, but at the same time it would be good have some stronger guys. But that’s what it is, you just deal with it.”
– Mo Farah talking after winning the 2016 Prefontaine Classic 10,000m on Friday night in 26:53.71, admitting that he didn’t know the guys he was racing against and that he was hoping more big names would have run.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- Official Pre Friday Night LIVE Thread
- Bet You Didn't Know This: The Guy Leading Farah with 80 Meters to Go Lost to Lagat (and 5 others) at Payton Jordan
- A woman called me out on my run today, flirting or just joking?
- NEW NICK SYMMONDS WORKOUT - NOT A DISASTER
- USA Cycling Wants to Permit EPO Use and Transfusions
- Best runner jobs
- Whats your go to Motivation or mantra that works to help you kick it home in a tough race
- IOC Finds 23 Positives from 2012 London Olympics