Quote Of The Day
“It is a pity the IOC is so compromised where Russia is concerned, for its anti-doping efforts are, at the scientific level, commendably energetic. … But if all that this leads to, despite overwhelming claims of malfeasance, is Russia’s reinstatement in time for Rio, then [Thomas] Bach’s talk of zero tolerance does not add up to a row of beans.”
“… The sadness is that we are no longer surprised. The deluge of claims engulfing the Russians is so relentless that we are inclined to regard any fresh revelations with a jaundiced eye. But the IOC should be different. If true, this is a scandal of a scale and a level of cynical calculation never witnessed before. If Russia are shown to be capable of this level of nefariousness at a Winter Olympics, what is stopping them at a summer Games, too? Bach must put politics aside and prove himself worthy of his office by making his most difficult call of all. For if zero tolerance means anything, Russia’s presence in Rio cannot stand.”
– The Telegraph‘s Oliver Brown writing about why he believes Thomas Bach and the IOC “must be brave and throw Russia out of Rio 2016.”
- Alberto Salazar says Galen Rupp is fine, running 140 miles per week
- Truly amazing: 25 laps wasn't enough to decide SEC 10k, the race was 28 laps long!!
- Ethiopian marathon team announced: Picks are as debatable as Kenya's
- Official 2016 Hoka One One Oxy Live Discussion Thread
- Long run needed for 5k/10k?
- How is this not a DQ? Video of NJCAA 200m
- Raw Footage - Crazy Kenyan Workout with Wilson Kipsang, Jarius Birech
- What if there was a track video game?
- Native American kid from small town breaks Okla state record in the mile