Quote Of The Day
“I was running really smoothly and starting thinking I could win it, but I realized that I couldn’t feel my hands or feet anymore. My vision started going black and I couldn’t tell if I was still running. I stopped and started shaking so badly I fell. A spectator picked me up, hugged me and started rubbing my back hard to warm me up. When I kept shaking and couldn’t talk she took me back to her house, filled a hot bath for me, gave me dry clothes and shoes and then called an ambulance. I can’t speak English so I couldn’t talk to her and don’t know her name, but I really want to say thank you for saving me to whoever she was.”
– Japanese marathoner Yoshiko Sakamoto talking about her experience dropping out and being saved by a spectator at last weekend’s Zurich Marathon, which was run in cold, wintry conditions. The four leading women all dropped out, leaving Switzerland’s Daniela Aescherbacher to unexpectedly win in 2:47:40 and say, “I had no idea I was in the lead until the top woman’s escort bicycle came back!”
- Nick Symmonds selling body space for money
- Track Session Almost Ruined by Jogger Love-In
- Eliud - What 10000m shape ?
- How awesome is Yuki Kawauchi...?
- Would you rather train a 5 minute mile or 3 hour marathon?
- Girlfriend of 10 months broke up with me through email
- Eluid Kipchoge LOVES Steve PREFONTAINE!
- How soon can you drop the L-word on your girlfriend - is 2 weeks too soon?
- WTF: Did anyone else see the ad in the WSJ today featuring Flo-Jo? What the hell does it mean?
- WTF: Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on here with the track at Baylor University (pic)?