Quote Of The Day
“I’d say the dynamic is more a good cop (Steve [Magness]) vs. bad cop (me) because I seem to be more conservative and say ‘no’ a lot more so she’ll go to Steve when I don’t give her the answer she wants. Of course, any big decisions that need to be made go through her dad first. He’s been tremendous with helping her work through tough situations because she trust him 100% and he has a lot experience in this field. … There is no doubt that it’s been great working together, but at moments not so pleasant. There have been times where tears have been shed, but it’s been more of the exception, and I feel it has made our marriage stronger in the end. There isn’t much balance for us because our minds don’t stray far away from running and most of our time spent together either involves running or talking about it. We’re both running nerds and love the sport so we don’t strive to be multi-dimensional and just accept who we are.”
– Dillon Gracey talking about the interesting and effective husband-coach dynamic that he has with wife and distance star Neely Spence Gracey. We talk to Dillon about tying for 3rd in our USA Prediction Contest and on Neely’s training ahead of her marathon debut in Boston.
- How is sodium bicarbonate used??
- 800m sub-4 equivalent?
- Mt Sac Relays 2016 will not be held at Mt Sac
- What is the science behind "base"?
- Peruvian runners - the new rivals to Kenya/Ethiopia and Japan
- How do I explain to my coworkers that I'm not interested in running long distances?
- What defunct event would you like to see brought back?
- Sara Hall is Running London Marathon in two weeks!!
- The Blue Collar Runnner Bobby Mack retires
- Fair sport: Ben True and Adam Nelson have some very interesting ideas on doping - We share them with you here