Quote Of The Day
“Many elite runners love what they do more than they care to admit. If I had a penny for every time I heard a runner say they hated talking about running outside of training, and then listened to them talk about nothing but running, I might actually be a real professional athlete (i.e. have some real $). Perhaps the denial of what you love stems from a belief that having more diverse interests is a more desirable and admirable quality. Certainly, this is true, but being so invested in a single aspect of your life isn’t all bad. It’s what we commonly refer to as passion. … And what’s wrong with having something in your life that you “nerd-out” over? Passion, wherever it may lie, breeds happiness, and happiness is a contagious quality, that makes us more valuable to other people in our lives.”
– Australian Olympian and former NCAA champ David McNeill rationalizing for us all why it’s okay to be
obsessed with passionate about running.
Super Hot on LetsRun: NAU WOW
- Doper Dennis Mitchell is again US relay coach
- Lagat has verbally committed to doing the 10000m at Oly Trials - top two spots are now gone to Rupp + Lagat.
- Older guys who were/are skinny: at what age did you have to start watching your weight?
- What sucks most about adulthood?
- Brahim Boulami? Only doped time faster than official WR?
- Jenny Simpson just did a Steeple workout
- Dwight Phillips vs. Lauren Fleshman and Nick Symmonds on Twitter