Quote Of The Day
“I also knew that a marathon isn’t like a track race where you have to cover every move. I switched to a plan of managing the fastest pace I could maintain to the finish. … Sure there was an adrenaline rush when I passed Tyler, [but] I felt chilled at one point, which I knew was a sign of dehydration. I thought every stride might be my last. I absolutely never felt certain of finishing third until maybe the final half mile.”
– Jared Ward talking about his thoughts during the final miles of the US Olympic Marathon Trials this past February. Ward celebrated afterwards with a cruise with his family and now is working toward Rio like it’s “just another day in the office.”
- Dwight Phillips vs. Lauren Fleshman and Nick Symmonds on Twitter
- "It's a filthy, dirty sport." - Nick Symmonds
- Intervals- Does it matter whether you jog or walk the recoveries?
- I dropped my wife's Diet Coke cans. Are they carbonated time bombs now, or will they eventually be safe to open???
- Deer race directors: Why I skipped your race
- Do not move to Canada
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?