Quote Of The Day
“I really don’t know how to begin to explain all that my race at the Olympic Trials Marathon meant to me. How do you express an experience that saved your soul? …”
“Around the 22 mile marker I realized it wasn’t going to happen. Without a miracle and someone dropping off the course, I was going to be 4th. The last two miles were the longest two miles of my racing career. I started to slow down, not entirely because I was physically struggling, more because I was simply sad. My dream was dead and the minute I finished that race it would be gone forever “…
“After being interviewed for over 20 minutes I was asked about my resurgence and that led to questions about my former coach and teammate. It was the first time they had entered my mind all day. I gave honest answers and I’ve taken a lot of heat for that, but it is a part of my story – as flawed as it might be.”
– Kara Goucher writing about her Trials experience on KaraGoucher.com.
- Dibaba tells Spanish media she'll run the 5000, not 1,500 at the Olympics but coach Aden tell SI that no decision has been made
- Unbelievable. Might Galen Rupp have to qualify for World Indoors out of the slow heat at 2016 USA Indoors?
- Anyone know what's up with defending World Indoor champ Chanelle Price?
- How does Oiselle and ElliptiGO stay in business???????
- Totally loaded 5k in Kenya this weekend with Asbel Kiprop, Silas Kiplagat, Jairus Birech and Ronald Kwemoi
- Do you agree or disagree wtih Toni Reavis? Reavis: Meb is the greatest American distance runner ever
- Provocative read by Wichita State coach: How I would solve the problems of college track and field