Quote Of The Day
“It kind of came out of the blue at the time and I kind of shrugged it off and nodded my head and said all right, we can talk about it later. It took me a little while to wrap my head around it. It’s not something I was really thinking about. … And so it took me a while. There were times where I would be ‘Am I crazy to be thinking about doing this?'”
– Galen Rupp talking about when Alberto Salazar suggested that he make his marathon debut at the 2016 Olympic Marathon Trials. Was it a “crazy” or genius? We’ll find out soon enough.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- Get Your Picks In $200,016 LRC Running Warehouse Marathon Trials Prediction Contest
- Married Men: Do any of y'all get your wives more than a card and flowers on Valentines?
- Most likely Trials Runner to DNF
- Running in -20 to -30 windchill
- Could slowest runner in trials field win
- Which Underdog Do You REALLY Want to Make the Marathon Team?
- NBC scheduling kicks US running in the ding ding
- Making the Olympic team without having done the event before