Quote Of The Day
“If I had to describe Chris, it would be that he’s very much a one-off. He’s not like any other athlete that I’ve worked with. His approach is a free spirit. He’s not restricted by the conventions and the rules and that has huge advantages for him because he’s able to explore boundaries that other people wouldn’t go towards …”
“The Chris story for me is just about this guy who loves to run every day and who has the opportunity to run every day hard …”
“He never gave up on anything, whether it was a practice or a race. People always say that they’re getting 100% out of themselves. I think a lot of people say that, but at the end of the day, probably a relatively small percentage of runners actually do. I think that Chris was one of those people who was willing to take it to his physical limit …”
– Quotes from the current (Allison Benton) and former (Barry Harwick) coaches of 2016 US Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier Chris Zablocki. Zablocki, who ran 11:07 in his last high school race and was the worst guy on the Dartmouth team as a freshman, has seen his persistence pay off in a big way because after running 13 marathons in 12 months, his coach thinks he can break 2:14 on Saturday.
Super Hot on LetsRun: KIPCHOGE ACTUALLY LOST IN BERLIN
- Ice cooled jackets. Could runners get ice cooled shirts or jackets to wear?
- Marathon Trials - Don't sleep on the NAZ Elite
- Women now better than men at OT Trials
- What happened to Brian Sell?
- Who do you hope the OTHER party nominates?
- Hot trials... A weather certainty
- IF Meb makes the U.S. marathon team, it will be "an embarrassment of colossal proportions"
- Reid Coolsaet busts the myth that Kenyans don't get tested out of comp (But Not Really)