Quote Of The Day
“Every one of us has done something memorable in our physical lives. Why should we deprive ourselves of the pleasure of that PR in the J.V. Half-Mile against Dickinson, or that winning TD catch in Middle School in front of your Dad and Sally Parker, or that unexpected victory in a cross-country meet in Sacramento, or being called ‘Mister Five Thousand’ on the sidewalks of Africa? In moments like these, we mere mortals enter a God Realm where private experience blurs with mythic events, and we taste the best kind of immortality: the human kind …”
“… Being a runner is primal. I only run for buses and trains when it’s a sure thing these days, but we’re not just cardiovascular systems with legs. Running is the purest form of endeavor. All of us are wired that way. Caught in the human race.”
- Did you know that Tennessee had to pay out $300,000 for Peyton Manning shoving his balls in the face of a women's trainer? An XC runner supported the trainer in the lawsuit.
- What if you qualified for the Trials, but your wife asked you not to go because of Valentine's Day?
- Reid Coolsaet busts the myth that Kenyans don't get tested out of comp (But Not Really)
- Matt Damon Ran A Half Marathon Last Sunday
- Hot trials... A weather certainty
- My fastest distance runner donated blood today.
- 17 year-old Aussie 8:06
- Kenya open to possibility of not sending athletes to Rio over Zika