Quote Of The Day
Post-NYC 2014: “I just want you to tell me if I’m fooling myself. Am I done? I’ve had a great career, and I can walk away from it. I don’t want to be that person who thinks they have something more to give and they don’t. I just want you guys to tell me.”
2016: “I needed to know right there because I didn’t want to go on fooling myself. They both immediately said, ‘We believe in you. We believe that a year from now you can be a totally different athlete.’ I really needed to hear that at that moment. … I hear it – people tell me I’m too old or my best days are past me. That’s too bad they think that, but it doesn’t matter what they think. I’m not running for those people. I’m 100 percent focused on what I need to do, and whether I make the team or not, it’s been worth the journey to try.”
– Kara Goucher talking about how she asked her coaches, Mark Wetmore and Heather Burroughs, if she should call it quits after she ran the slowest marathon of her career at NYC 2014. Now Goucher says she feels as fit as she’s been in years ahead of the 2016 Olympic Trials.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- In the history of NCAA track, has a team ever had 3 guys go sub-3:59 in same race until last week when Syracuse did?
- Rio Olympics Will Be Cancelled Due to Zika Virus (probably)?
- How much mileage is optimal for life-long health and wellness?
- Lagat's Training, What has allowed his Longevity?
- Whats the Meaning behind the Nike Oregon Project Logo???
- Thinking of Quitting Track Senior Year...
- "Cheaters Beware: This Guy Is on to You" - he has caught hundreds of cheats
- Report: Chinese 10,000 WR holder Wang Junxia admitted to Chinese doping in 1995