Quote Of The Day
“It wasn’t until my junior year that some talent started to shine through. And when it did, it went straight to my head. I was a 2:16 half miler that thought she could break the world record next week. This misplaced confidence had me seek out what a quick Google search told me would be the best coach for my Olympic Dreams – Mark Wetmore from the University of Colorado.”
“Coach Wetmore told me (paraphrased), ‘So you usually run a 2:20 800m. If you ran two of those back to back, you still would struggle to qualify for NCAAs in the mile.’ And I replied, ‘Well, if I can run a 2:16 now, then couldn’t you teach me to hold two 2:16s with training?’ And then (I imagine) he spit Gatorade out of his nose from laughter.”
– US 800 runner Phoebe Wright writing in her track autobiography about how she originally looked to the University of Colorado to continue her running career. Wright did eventually go from mediocre walk-on to a multi-time NCAA champion, but – spoiler alert – it wasn’t at CU.
Super Hot on LetsRun: KIPCHOGE ACTUALLY LOST IN BERLIN
- Official 2016 Dubai Marathon Live Discussion Thread
- Run Gum sues United States Olympic Committee and USA Track & Field!
- Will Drew Hunter go sub 4 at the armory?
- Florida Coach Mike Holloway-"much easier to double in 5 & 10K than sprints"
- Phoebe Wright's New Blog. What Do You Think Of Her?
- Coaches how do you make cuts? How to trim off the fat
- Kenenisa bekele set to rematch kipchoge at london!!!
- Donavan Brazier not running Trials - HUGE MISTAKE
- Dathan Ritzenhein -- The Most Durable of the Big 3?