Quote Of The Day
“I’m concerned that not enough imagination is being applied to the future of the sport as opposed to correcting the sins of the past and stabilising the organisation. We need collectively as a sport to think more radically. We’ve got 14 ideas here and some of them are more left field than others but they are all intended to provoke debate. They are designed to be a cattle prod for the whole sport of athletics and very specifically the IAAF. Let’s not forget that the IAAF is not there to dictate to us, but is there to serve us. When I look at Seb’s road map I see lots of really good, solid, worthy stuff, but I don’t see enough spark.”
– UKA chairman Ed Warner talking about their recently published 14-point “Manifesto For Clean Athletics” which suggests some radical anti-doping reforms that include moving the automatic 4-year ban to 8 years, banning dopers from ever representing GB and resetting all the world records. Warner says that he spoke with Seb Coe, who was actually for resetting some of the records.
- RIP: David Bowie dead at 69
- Mo Farah 2 tackle world's indoor 3k in Glasgow Feb20th
- My roommate bought a Powerball ticket with these numbers: 1,2,3,4,5,6 (PB). I told him he was an idiot.
- How many nights per week do you do something social with another person/other people?
- The "just run, baby" plan
- Insane Training - Which Professional Runners Stand Out?
- Marathon Appearance Fee Myth