RIP To A Local Legend
“I think a lot of people can try all they want, but nobody can replace the Running Man. I mean, you look at the outpouring of people who are responding to what happened this week. I don’t even think the Running Man himself could fathom that so many people would be touched by him just doing what he loved.”
– Jason Elliott, a local in Charlottesville, VA, talking about his neighbor Philip Weber, aka “Running Man,” who was killed this week after being hit by an SUV. Weber was a local legend who had been running thousands of shirtless miles around town since the 1980s.
*WP Tribute Article
*MB: Charlottesville Runners – Did you know ‘Running Man’? Killed by SUV?
*Great Profile On Weber From November
- QOD: "I eat 5000 calories per day" Hasay - BS
- 27 sub 1:05 at Jax half
- Charlottesville Runners - Did you know 'Running Man'? Killed by SUV?
- Optimal way to double: shorter run in am or pm?
- Mary Cain Prediction Thread
- Would you turn down a job because it would mean you couldn't run competitively?
- How do you run on New Years day but not look like a resolutioner?