Quote Of The Day
“I have already had some thoughts and believe that we need to do the following, in the strict confidence and control within a small circle of senior IAAF staff only. This must be very secret. … ‘unofficially’ PR campaign to ensure that we avoid international media scandals related to the Moscow Championships especially in the British press, where the worst of the articles are coming from. This will require specialist PR skills (working only with me directly) from London, but I believe that if we consider using CSM we can also benefit from Seb’s political influence in the UK. It is in his personal interest to ensure that the Moscow World Champs is a success.”
“Finally, I need to be able to sit down with the Anti-doping department and understand exactly what Russian ‘skeleton’ we have still in the cupboard regarding doping. I think that the time to have unveiled the various athletes was a long time ago and that now we need to be smart. These athletes, of course, should NOT be part of any Russian team for these World Championships and Valentin should be pressured to make sure this is the case. If the guilty ones are not competing, then we might as well wait until the event is over to announce them. Or, we announce one or two BUT AT SAME TIME as athletes from other countries. Also, we can prepare a special dossier on IAAF testing which will show that one of reasons why these Russian athletes come up positive is that they get tested a lot!!! … I will do everything in my power to protect the IAAF and the President.”
– IAAF deputy general secretary and Seb Coe‘s chief of staff, Nick Davies, in a 2013 email to then marketing consultant Papa Masita Diack, about a “secret plan” to delay naming Russian dopers until after the 2013 World Championships to lessen the blow they’d face in the media.
- Lance Armstrong on Joe Rogan's Podcast
- If this doesn't sink Coe nothing will
- Unknown Finn opens his season in 3:52.5
- Today I got yelled at for spitting on an indoor track
- Seriously, do you need to have above average intelligence to get a Ph.D.?
- BP at 130/75, active runner, 24 y/o. Problem?
- Are Distance Runners the Best Athletes on Earth?
- My heart was broken today. Do you know why?
- Do Evan Jager and Emily Infeld really do this for strength training?
- Want to know what Haile G's favorite moment of his career was? He says it was this 1995 race (video)