Another Reason Not To Dope
“Be warned. Substances that sportspeople abuse to enhance their performance can tamper with performance on the home front … A lot of talk about negative effects of anabolic steroids on reproductive health is going on, in hushed tones. Stories abound about athletes who cannot bear children or are unable to get children since becoming professional. … Stories are also told about male athletes, whose reproductive organs have been incapacitated or are hardly functioning because of years of drug abuse to enhance performance on the field. … [Drugs] can affect performance, changes blood circulation, and when not there, the body cannot perform in sport or sex. Just like Viagra with sex. Without it abusers cannot perform.”
– Excerpt from article in Kenya’s Standard Digital by Omulo Okoth, warning Kenyan athletes why they shouldn’t dope.
Super Hot on LetsRun: The full USADA report on Alberto Salazar has been leaked - Here it is
- Galen Rupp Running Half Marathon in Portland This Weekend Will He Run Marathon Trials?
- Caster Semenya Marries Girlfriend
- For all you who said Kara Goucher was Done, Are you choking on your foot now???
- Mark Cuban funds a study ($800,000) to change the way sports thinks about HGH
- Mo Farah, GOAT range?
- Coach hung over at meet
- Casey Clinger Can BEAT Andrew Hunter
- I cannot fathom the idea of trying to stir a romance with a woman
- LRCers: We Need Your Shoe Reviews, The Quest for 1,000 More Reviews Starts Now