Quote Of The Day
“Any nerves, any doubts, any regrets among the [Black Hills State University] athletes were replaced by feelings of pure joy. They had come through for their coach, for themselves and for their fallen teammate. [Scott] Walkinshaw’s first call went to his wife. His second went to [Gage McSpadden’s father,] Tyler McSpadden.”
“‘He called me and said “We did it, we’re going to nationals!” and I just started to break down,’ Tyler said. ‘I said, “I knew it Coach, Gage said you were going to do it.” He said, “I know you did.” Coach kept talking because he knew I couldn’t … I just cried and told Coach, “Great job.” It’s an unbelievable job of coaching to keep them focused on what they needed to do through this kind of turmoil.'”
– Excerpt from an article by Jonathan Gault on the Black Hills State cross-country team, which tragically lost team member Gage McSpadden in a lightning accident before the 2015 season began. The team dedicated their season to McSpadden and honored him by qualifying for the NCAA Division II Cross-Country Championships for the first time in school history.
Super Hot on LetsRun: KIPCHOGE ACTUALLY LOST IN BERLIN
- Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty of the murder
- 1st feature-length documentary on Boston Marathon being made - Film comes out in Fall of 2016
- Famous Runners who were Sponsored by New Balance?
- Serious question about work Christmas party.
- Dark Horses for 2016 Olympic Marathon Trials
- Lying on your CV or job application
- Getting looked in the crotch while out running
- My daughters said "Don't wear tights"
- LRCers: We Need Your Shoe Reviews, The Quest for 1,000 More Reviews Starts Now