Quote Of The Day
“(Two Hours by Ed Caesar) covers everything you would want to know about the marathon, from its roots in ancient Greek lore to its modern beginnings in the Olympics to the establishment of big-money major-city marathons in the late 20th century. … Caesar covers it all and does it well . … Caesar’s prose is sharp and engaging, his details rich and vivid. … Caesar writes with an expert’s conviction thanks to hundreds of interviews and hours upon hours of research. The result is the definitive book on the modern elite marathon.”
– Excerpt from our book review of Two Hours, which we loved and grade at 5 stars. It is the definitive book on the modern elite marathon. It includes incredible behind-the-scenes access of Geoffrey Mutai in 2011 when he destroyed the course records in both Boston and New York. Purchase here.
Super Hot on LetsRun: The full USADA report on Alberto Salazar has been leaked - Here it is
- Stephanie Hightower & USATF Appointed/Hired Woman Suspended from AAU for "extravagant and unreasonable expenditures"
- Serious: will I regret focusing too much on running later on?
- I just realized how fast elite distance runners actually run, wtf.
- Bernard Lagat's Goal to Make 2016 Olympic Team in the 5000m. Can he do it?
- Ben Blankenship running a 10k this Sunday
- Should I yell on coach?
- Scenario: No job, $10k in the bank, college degree. What's the quickest "get rich fast" strategy?
- LRCers: We Need Your Shoe Reviews, The Quest for 1,000 More Reviews Starts Now