Too Proud Or Too Stupid To Admit He Was Wrong?
“It is clear that perception and reality have become horribly mangled. I have stepped down from the Nike position I have held for 38 years. The decision I chose to take in the last few weeks is one that reflected my absolute intention to focus as long and as hard as I can on steadying the ship that has been rocking rather badly recently. The current noise level around this ambassadorial role is not good for the IAAF and it is not good for Nike. And, frankly, it is a distraction to the 18-hour days that I and our teams are working to steady the ship..”
– Seb Coe announcing that he’s finally leaving his six-figure a year brand ambassador role with Nike. However, even now, Coe still refuses to admit that being paid more than $100,000 by Nike while also acting as president of the IAAF was a conflict of interest.
*MB: Coe Drops Nike
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2017 Birmingham DL Disucssion Thread - Simpson, Coburn, Frerichs & more
- Check Your LRC $2015 NCAA Running Warehouse Prediction Contest Scores
- Great news: Seb Coe ends his paid relationship with Nike
- 2,500 miles run between Turkey Trot 2014 and 2015 - ZERO improvement. W. T. F.
- DIII Freshman interested in transfer to DI
- The rising trend of the shaming of fast runners at races.
- 41 year old chasing sub-4 mile
- Is King Ches the GOAT collegiate runner?