Props To NYC
“I can get runners into London, Boston, Tokyo, but New York always gives me problems, and it’s confusing for me. Can you imagine if the U.S. Open had no Russians playing tennis? If there would be no Maria Sharapova there? Now what kind of scandal would that be? But in the marathon, there’s nothing. No scandal, nothing. I don’t understand it.”
– Sports agent Andrey Baranov (previously the agent for banned marathoner Liliya Shobukhova), complaining about how none of the five Russian runners he submitted were invited to this year’s New York City Marathon, leaving the elite field completely “Russian-less.” If Baranov still doesn’t understand it, he can read the LRC Russian doping scandal archives – 72 articles and counting since December 2014.
- ONE RACE WONDER? Who has gotten this biggest career boost based off one race/performance?
- Who would win NCAA's with only their current in state runners?
- Pounding out Lots of Vertical Gain - Any Benefits?
- List of stupid phrases or expressions I can't stand
- Wow. World Cross races to switch to 10km for both genders to have gender equity. Will NCAA follow suit?
- R'n'R Philly Half Results - Tim Ritche Scorches 61:23 Half, Krifchin and Spence Gracey both break 70
- Nick Arciniaga Says 20+ Guys Have the Potential to Run Sub 2:10 at the Trials: How Many Do You think?
- Colorado Does It Again. Stays Undefeated at Pac 12 Meet. Beats Stanford by 11.