Quote Of The Day
“As a female collegiate athlete, and as someone who was once a female high school athlete, I think it’s important that eating disorders can be discussed on letsrun. Many programs, both at the high school and collegiate level, don’t allow for visibility of the issue. … It saved my life and several additional hospital visits to see a thread debating about whether one of my idols had a health issue (eating disorder). It helped even more that, in addition to bringing up eating disorders, the thread contained several pages of comments talking about how bad eating disorders were. That discussion made me stop automatically thinking ‘I’ll be a few seconds faster next time if I can drop 2 more lbs.’ Weight loss turned from a performance enhancer to a possible problem. The basement lurkers on letsrun actually made me start aiming to look strong instead of starved. Keep the eating disorder discussions up. Open forum.”
– Message board poster PinkRunningShorts37604 talking about the need for eating disorders to be more openly discussed in our sport and how a discussion on LRC saved her life.
- LetsRun, What say you? What will Luke Puskedra's ultimate marathon PB be?
- Are Ryan and Sara Hall screwing over the American gene pool by not having biological kids?
- Thread of the Day 10/22: Are 2 shorter runs = 1 longer run?
- What's with all the uproar over the new Star Wars movie having a black storm trooper?
- For those that were annoyed with Universal Sports, don't worry, it's shutting down.
- In honor of Back to the Future day, what are your favorite 80s movies?
- LRC Discussion: Finding the proper way to discuss eating disorders/women's weight issues on LetsRun.com