Quote Of The Day
“It’s a historic photo of two men of color. For this reason I never really paid attention to the other man, white, like me, motionless on the second step of the medal podium. I considered him as a random presence, an extra in [John] Carlos and [Tommie] Smith’s moment, or a kind of intruder. Actually, I even thought that that guy – who seemed to be just a simpering Englishman – represented, in his icy immobility, the will to resist the change that Smith and Carlos were invoking in their silent protest. But I was wrong. … that white man in the photo is, perhaps, the third hero of that night in 1968. His name was Peter Norman.”
– Excerpt from article by Riccardo Gazzaniga on Australian legend and still 200m NR holder, Peter Norman, who stood in solidarity with with John Carlos and Tommie Smith during their historic “Black Power” salute at the 1968 Olympics. His stand caused him to be persecuted in Australia and cost him a trip to the 1972 Olympics, but he, Carlos and Smith became lifelong friends.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- Scary: Ex-Texas A&M WR randomly hacks to death a jogger on Dallas' White Rock Trail
- Max King proves he's the toughest runner in the world yet again - wins Warrior Dash World Title and 30k
- Molly Huddle does it again - She just dominated Tufts Health Plan 10k for women - 31:21 FTW!
- Longest you have sustained 100mpw
- 28 with a desk job; What are the most effective ways to maintain agility and flexibility with just 20min/day
- Do elites get finishers medals?
- How pathetic is it that the top US marathoner can't even crack 2:10? Should we just give up?
- Florida QB suspended for PED use - how often do football players get busted for PED's?