Quote Of The Day
“I was just done with it … I was in the dumps, trying to figure out what to do with my life. … Everything I said to my wife, she’d always shake her head and say, ‘You’re better than that.’ … I wanted to be a car salesman. And then we bought a house down here [in Eugene] and I said, ‘Well, I could be a realtor.’ She was like ‘no.’ When we started fixing up our house, I was saying, ‘I could be a contractor.’ She was like ‘no.'”
“When I was in college, I thought, ‘I want to stay in the running community as long as possible’ … my mindset was, ‘I need to sacrifice all this stuff so I can run well.’ Then, when I didn’t run well, I was like, ‘Why did I sacrifice all that stuff?’ Right now, I’m in a good spot. I have balance in the rest of my life. We have a 10-week-old daughter. It’s family and friends first now, and then the running comes after. I don’t obsess about running all of the time. It’s not what I’m always thinking about.”
– Luke Puskedra talking about how he almost completely quit the sport after running a disappointing 2:28:54 debut in NYC last year and losing his Nike contract. But he bounced back with a 2:15:27 this summer and will be on the line Sunday in Chicago looking for more.
- Chicago wind forecast
- Doper Liza Hunter-Galvan running Chicago Marathon but won't be winning prize money thanks to a LRC poster
- Boycott road races until they BAN walkers!!!
- Is a bachelor's degree the new high school diploma????
- Ryan Hall Q&A: "I’ve had clinically low testosterone levels, which affects everything."
- Why are Turkey Trots so competitive?
- When did you run your LAST PR??????
- How many miles would Mo Farah have to run consecutively for you to beat him in a mile?
- Steve Jones on running today