Quote Of The Day
“UKA, whose main sponsor is Nike, said it didn’t have the jurisdiction to investigate doping allegations, and said it had been asked not to reveal its full findings whilst USADA is investigating the allegations made in the Panorama programme.”
“That being the case, and with UKA refusing to confirm whether Salazar will keep his official role as ‘consultant’ to GB’s overall endurance programme, questions may be raised as to what the point of this review actually was.”
– BBC reporter Mark Daly, who with David Esptein brought the NOP doping story to the public, commenting on UK Athletics’ announcement that its investigation of Alberto Salazar is complete and they see “no reason to be concerned” about Farah training with Salazar. However, UK Athletics refused to say whether they will continue to pay Salazar and refused to release the details of their investigation due to the USADA investigation. Wouldn’t the fact that USADA is still investigating be “a reason” to at least be concerned?
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- High School Senior works all summer to buy himself a car, buys entire team racing flats instead
- How much does alcohol affect training?
- John Trautmann quits his job, becomes assistant coach of NJNYTC
- Why are so many athletes leaving Oregon?
- I was in an all-organic acorn-eating grocery store in Burlington, VT. Smugness personified.
- What if 5 Million Syrian refugee rushed Israeli border tomorrow?