Quote Of The Day
Before: “It’s like a little evil person on your shoulder and they’re telling you to do stuff, and you have to try to fight them.”
– And –
After: “It was a really hard workout and at the end we had to do two 400-meter intervals. I was running and I was just so happy. I don’t know what it was, it was just easy. And while I ran, I was yelling, I’m in a state of grace! I don’t know, I just … you feel no pain, you’re just there and you’re thinking about everything, and it’s very hard to explain.”
– Two contrasting quotes from 14-year-old Amaris Tyynismaa, who talks about how becoming a runner has helped to almost “cure” her Tourette syndrome. Before sports and running, she was unhappy and constantly battled her “tics,” but now she hasn’t had one in months. She’s also become one of the top young runners in the country.
- Kara Goucher alledges a shoe company "threaten...again" (sic) what is she talking about?
- Nina Brekelmans Memorial Scholarship Fund (Dartmouth Track Grad)
- Lauren Fleshman blasts Maria Sharapova
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- What did you think when you first met your wife?
- Major announcement: I will be crossing the border into ND and my 50th state shortly
- 2-time top 5 NCAA xc runner Maksim Korolev running $600 road races - Is he unsponsored? What does his future hold?