Quote Of The Day
“After that state meet, my life existed entirely inside my own head. Nothing felt real anymore. I watched my hands touch things, but it was not because I was making my hand touch it; the world was moving around and the object must have fallen into my hand. I had no control over anything. Starting that year, every morning when I woke up and every night before bed, the first and last thing I would think about was my breathing. ‘Is my chest tight? Why can’t I get a satisfying breath? If I can’t breathe when I am sitting down, how am I supposed to do it when I am running? If I can’t breathe, I can’t be a good runner. But running is all I have. I am no one without running. I love it so much. I just want to be good. Why is this happening to me? Why can’t I be like everyone else? …’ Those were the thoughts that took over my head, nearly every minute of every day. Sure, some days were better than others. But no day felt real.
Misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis left me crippled.”
– Excerpt from a guest column on dealing with depression as a runner by 2013 All-American Nico Composto.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- Ezekiel Kemboi had an excuse for his subpar showing in Paris - didn't get their until 6:30 am day before the race
- Guess how fast (slow) the fastest man in Ireland is? White men can't sprint.
- 14-year old white guy runs 3.49.71 for 1,500m
- In what order will Stanford, Colorado and Oregon finish in Cross next year?
- Two track athletes make ESPN body issue (updated with ESPN pics)
- Will Emma Coburn follow Evan Jager in Lausanne with an AR?
- Mini World's: Mo Farah vs. Ndiku, Alamirew, Longosiwa and more in Thursday's Lausanne DL 5000
- 2015 Lausanne 800m - What a Great Field - Amos, Aman and Rudisha + Centro!