Neither Side Is Backing Down
“I believe in a clean sport and hard work and so do my athletes … I will never permit doping … I have not and will not condone any athlete I train using a banned substance and would never encourage any athlete to use a banned substance. We have worked very, very hard to achieve our successes and are proud of our accomplishments …”
“Unfortunately, Galen and I were the ones these ‘reporters’ decided to damn with their ‘publish at all costs’ philosophy. It is our reputations they have harmed. Innocent athletes’ careers tarnished with nothing but innuendo, hearsay and rumor. Some have tried to console me by saying public attacks like these are the price of success in today’s world. You win: people will try to tear you down. That’s not my world. That’s not the Oregon Project. Here, success is earned with talent, hard work, dedication and fair play … and, that’s how it is going to stay. Let the haters hate; we’re going to keep winning through hard work, dedication and fair play.”
– Excerpts from a 11,636-word spirited defense of the integrity of the Nike Oregon Project (NOP) put out Wednesday by Alberto Salazar. Salazar’s response came out just hours after the Associated Press reported that the US Anti Doping Agency has begun an investigation of the NOP. Less than 12 hours after Salazar’s defense, ProPublica responded to Salazar’s defense with fresh allegations against the NOP.
Super Hot on LetsRun: The full USADA report on Alberto Salazar has been leaked - Here it is
- LRC Running Warehouse USA Nationals Prediction Contest is Here - Get Your Picks In
- ALBERTO RELEASES STATEMENT
- ProPublica Responds to Alberto Salazar's Response - "Alberto Salazar Disputes Allegations—Some of Which Were Never Made"
- "Are you with LetsRun? I have no comment to you" - Justin Gatlin refuses to answer LRC questions at USA press conference
- At last, a doping related topic we can all agree on - EPO cheat Martin Fagan is retiring, turns down 2016 Rio Olympics
- Alberto lied about firing Magness - Nike document proves it was mutual
- If Alberto's statement hasn't convinced you of his innocence, you are either stupid or being willfully obtuse
- Remember when Falmouth Road Race and Mile used to be a great event